MythTV provides a unified graphical interface for recording and viewing
television programs. Refer to the mythtv package for more information.
There are also several add-ons and themes available. In order to facilitate
installations with smart/apt-get/yum and other related package
resolvers this meta-package can be used to install all in one sweep.
MythTV implements the following DVR features, and more, with a
unified graphical interface:
- Basic 'live-tv' functionality. Pause/Fast Forward/Rewind "live" TV.
- Video compression using RTjpeg or MPEG-4, and support for DVB and
hardware encoder cards/devices.
- Program listing retrieval using XMLTV
- Themable, semi-transparent on-screen display
- Electronic program guide
- Scheduled recording of TV programs
- Resolution of conflicts between scheduled recordings
- Basic video editing