rpm2html : News
Sorry I just don't have the time to maintain this page anymore, I amy or
may not do it but there is no guarantee. checking the download areas is the best way to find out what are
the latest version available :-\
- rpmfind and rpm2html moved to sources.redhat.com
- rpmfind-1.5 is out.
- rpmfind-1.2 is out, it include small fixes and should compile on the
latest RPM versions.
- rpm2html-1.2 is out, it include small fixes and should compile on the
latest RPM versions. The HTML output has been improved too, especially
- rpmfind-1.0 is out, bug fixing, a new option --auto for completely
automated search, and the upgrade of the underlying XML code.
- rpm2html-1.0 is out, the memory usage has been seriously reduced, some
aesthetic changes to the generated HTML pages. Basically 1.0 should be
smaller, faster, and also generate better XML.
- A bug was introduced in rpm2html-0.99 which didn't show up in the tests.
Also Redhat released a rpm upgrade which broke all programs using older
rpm libs so if you face this problem on your system, launch the following
command as root:
cd /usr/lib ; ln -s rpm/rpmpopt . ; ln -s rpm/rpmrc .
- rpmfind-0.99 is out, with a better mirror search algorithm, and add the
capability to search for sources RPM with the --sources option.
- rpm2html-0.99 is out, it add automatic cleanup of the RDF output
directories and better source RPM management.
- Due to a stupid bug sorting of mirrors didn't work, so to avoid
redirecting everybody to Australia I have made a new release of
- rpmfind-0.98 is out, it add automatic mirror support, user's prefered
mirror site (in case the dumb guess algorithm is not good enough or the
mirror list incomplete), and distribution rating.
There is also a mechanism to avoid using packages depending on some
resources (or files) and the possibility to block upgrade of some packages
(e.g. libc, kernel, ...).
The result is that the config file $HOME/.rpmfind is more complicated
now but hopefully commented by default.
- rpm2html-98 is out too, this is mainly an update release since the
XML/RDF code has been upgraded. It dumps mirror informations from the
config file too to allow the client to get distribution informations and
- The RedHat upgrade directories has been added to rufus list, I forgot to
add them before.
- rpmfind-0.97 is out, it add regex queries to the full set of package
names and sumaries. This should help a lot for packages where the name is
not what you would expect (e.g. netscape-communicator or the JDK names).
The syntax is :
rpmfind --apropos regex
- Regenerated the Solaris-2.6 version of rpm2html, available in the FTP area.
- rpm2html-0.97 is out too, when dumping RDF files it also generates an
- Added Turbolinux 2.0 to the
- Added a mirror of Beowulf packages,
beowulf is a set of tools for clusters of linux workstations, check their home page.
- I added also references to the
cryptographic packages available from ftp.replay.com. Note that the
software is not available from rpmfind.net, just referenced. Rpmfind also
allow to find and fetch the cryptographic packages from replay.com.
- Added SGI Linux 5.1, based on the
same RPM set as the official RedHat-5.1 but for Silicon Graphics Indy
hardware. If you plan to install it, I strongly suggest to read the on-line documentation for
- Added the just released
RedHat-5.1 for Sparc.
- I regain control of a Sparc machine and I can now produce Linux-sparc
binaries (for ultralinux-1.1). Get them from the
- rpmfind-0.96 is out, it add the capability to download the selected
files, and proxy support for HTTP and FTP. I also cleaned up the
- rpm2html-0.96 is out too, the only improvement is the Makefiles
- As some of you may have noticed, I had quite a few downtimes last week.
Apologies for the broken connections, but I was struggling with hardware
madness. BTW, if someone wants to donate a good (i.e. non Adaptec *grin*)
PCI Wide SCSI card for rpmfind.net it will be welcome.
- I added a distribution for Motorola
680x0 based machines. It seems quite complete and based on RedHat-5.0
- rpm2html-0.95 is out ! The rpmfind client side tool is now packaged
independently as rpmfind-0.95 . From that point both tools will probably
have (somewhat) independent releases. rpm2html nearly didn't change at all
since the last release. However rpmfind has been improved to add added a
(very basic yet) configuration file. The flags -latest and
-upgrade have been added to rpmfind, with the purpose of helping
ugrade with installed packages, and while not perfect it's reasonnably
useful so I release them.
- I had to repackage rpm2html-0.94 since the RPM libraries shipped with
RedHat-5.1 are not backward compatible. If you couldn't start rpmfind
whith an error cannot open file //var/lib/rpm/triggerindex.rpm
then refetch rpm2html RPM.
- rpm2html development tree is now available by CVS. This is a read-only
anonymous CVS tree, i.e. you won't be able to commit but it will be easier
to follow the development and submit up-to-date patches. Before you can
check out the sources, you need to be running CVS 1.9 or later, and login
by running the following command:
% cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/sources/public login
after which you type "anonymous" as password. To get
the latest version from the CVS repository, run this command:
% cvs -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/sources/public -z3 checkout libwww
Check the CVS log
walker for the current set of release tags.
- rpm2html-0.94 is out ! The rpmfind command is now included in the RPM
file. I also moved the software under the W3C Copyright since I use
resources from W3C for all this. This is a BSD like license more liberal
than the GPL. I added some documentation for
rpmfind. Rpm2html also show with small new icons the recent packages.
- Added SGIlinux 5.0 a distribution
based on RedHat-5.0 for Silicon
Graphics Indy machines.
- rpm2html-0.92 is out ! Mainly it add rpmfind command to do automatic
package lookup using the Web of FTP.
- Another RPM database at
Real-Time.Com, with RedHat-5.0 and Solaris packages !
- Started compiling an FAQ for rpm2html.
- There is a complete mirror or rufus database setup using metadata mirroring at mnm.lightstream.net.
mirror, hosted by Sunsite Northern Europe (UK) indexes the RedHat and
- rpm2html-0.91 is out ! Had to fix urgently some bugs in 0.90 ...
- rpm2html-0.90 shipped ! A lot of new stuff, e.g. tree
dump, a lot of cleanups.
- But basically the main improvement is the support for RDF encoding of RPM metadata. One
can also regenerate the HTML pages just from the metadata , read about mirroring plans.
- Instructions are available for those of you
who would like to run a mirror of the rpm2html Web pages.
[ Home | News | Try it ! | Docs | Help | Mirrors | Download
[ Rpmfind | FAQ | History | License | Archive | Feedback | Links
$Id: news.html,v 1.30 2001/07/17 22:50:09 veillard Exp $